Last weekend, the skyline in Pasquotank County changed dramatically when builders hoisted a nearly 500 foot wind turbine in a corn field. More than 100 just like it, part of the Amazon Wind Farm U.S. East project, will make up the first wind energy farm in the state. The company building and maintaining the facility, Avantgrid Renewables, bought 22,000 acres of land, hired 250 people for construction jobs and is expected to hire 10-15 people for long-term, permanent positions. But some...
Local towns along the coast are stepping up efforts to make beaches safer and more accessible. Atlantic Beach is rolling out plastic walkways each morning to provide a stable surface for wheelchairs. Emerald Isle is focusing on reducing the number of drownings with the installation of over 100 flotation devices along the surf.
- FACT CHECK: Hillary Clinton's Speech To The Democratic Convention, Annotated
- WATCH: Muslim Father Of Fallen Soldier Tells Trump 'You Have Sacrificed Nothing'
- Under Pressure: This Could Be The Most Important Speech Of Hillary Clinton's Life
- At The Democratic Convention, Choreographing A Sea Of Signs
- California Gov. Jerry Brown On The Power Of Outsider Politics