The mystery of what exactly happened to the Lost Colony is still unknown, but archeologist are uncovering clues as to what life was like for colonist who were a part of the first English settlement attempt in the New World. Earlier this month, archeologists discovered several pottery shards on Roanoke Island, near Fort Raleigh, dating back to the 16th century.
When you think of things that define eastern North Carolina, you may say our Civil War history or uncrowded beaches. But nothing is more distinctive than our own flavor of barbecue. Really, it’s all about the sauce. The western part of the state often touts their tomato based concoction. But here in eastern North Carolina, it’s the tangy, spicy vinegar based sauce is instantly recognized as our spin on barbecue. Some say the tradition dates back to natives of the West Indies slowly roasting...
- How The Humble Orange Sweet Potato Won Researchers The World Food Prize
- How An Electric Shock Could One Day Protect You From Zika
- Fact Check: Trump's Speech On The Economy Annotated
- Brexit Makes Investors Nervous, But U.K. Recession Isn't Certain
- Obama: Trump Hasn't Captured 'Zeitgeist Of The Country'