Fishermen and divers can access a new, online interactive guide to learn more about the 64 artificial reefs in North Carolina. These underwater sites enhance fisheries that the coastal economy and culture rely on. Now, local scientists are involved in ongoing research to determine the best way to maximize fish production at artificial reefs.
The sea turtle nesting season is winding down and the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission is reporting it's a record year. So far, there have been 1,636 nests counted along 330 miles of ocean facing sandy beaches in our state. That number is up from last year's count of 1,300 nests and it's a significant jump from 2014 where 565 nests were reported.
- Man Pleads Guilty To Elaborate Kidnapping Initially Deemed A Hoax By Calif. Police
- Pregnant Women Should Consider Not Traveling To Southeast Asia
- Head Of Yosemite Park Steps Down In Wake Of Hostile Work Environment Claims
- A Wide Gulf Persists Between Black And White Perceptions Of Policing
- The Supreme Court: A Winning Issue In The Presidential Campaign?