Local towns along the coast are stepping up efforts to make beaches safer and more accessible. Atlantic Beach is rolling out plastic walkways each morning to provide a stable surface for wheelchairs. Emerald Isle is focusing on reducing the number of drownings with the installation of over 100 flotation devices along the surf.
A team of researchers are conducting their annual sea turtle survey at the coast this summer. But this year, they have a new tool to give them a bird's eye view. Drones equipped with cameras fly over the water and capture images of sea turtles from above.
- A 'Messy, Messy Beginning' At Democrats' Breakfast In Philadelphia
- Why Would Vladimir Putin Want To Leak The DNC Emails?
- At Democratic Convention Kickoff Breakfast, Outgoing Chairwoman Booed
- Kidnapping Is A Rising Concern For Aid Workers Around The World
- Problems After Using Hair Conditioner Prompt An FDA Warning