Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
Fri October 19, 2012
Air Canada Passengers Spot Missing Yacht
Originally published on Tue October 23, 2012 1:03 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. There are only so many movies you can watch on a 15-hour flight from Canada to Australia. So how about a real life game of "I Spy"? At the request of air traffic control, an Air Canada jumbo jet dropped down low over the ocean, and the captain instructed passengers to look out their windows in search of a yacht gone adrift. And they spotted it. Sixteen hours lost at sea, the sailor was rescued, and the flight was only 40 minutes late. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.