Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Tue April 9, 2013
Bahamas On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Wed July 2, 2014 9:17 am
The folk-rock band Bahamas makes its first appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded before a sold-out audience in Charleston, W.Va. Led by Finnish-Canadian singer, songwriter and guitarist Afie Jurvanen, Bahamas combines elements of classic rock and blue-eyed soul harmonies to create something evocative and beautiful. A precise and tasteful guitarist, Jurvanen previously spent months on the road playing alongside fellow Canadians Feist and Kathleen Edwards. He told Mountain Stage host Larry Groce that his solo projects are often predicated on his having time to do his own thing.
There's no bassist in Bahamas — just guitar, drums and vocals — but the band's sound is fleshed out perfectly by the sometimes wordless backing voices of Carleigh Aikins and Felicity Williams.
- "Lost In The Light"
- "Caught Me Thinkin'"
- "Never Again"
- "Please Forgive My Heart"