Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
Fri July 18, 2014
Bolivia Legalizes Child Labor
Bolivia has passed a law allowing “self-employed children” as young as 10 to work, as long as they still attend school.
Here & Now’s Meghna Chakrabarti speaks to Jo Becker, advocacy director for the Children’s Rights Division of Human Rights Watch, about why Bolivia is taking the measure, which appears to run contrary to the rest of the world.
- Jo Becker, advocacy director for the Children’s Rights Division of Human Rights Watch. She tweets @jobeckerhrw.