Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
ENC Regional News
Fri July 19, 2013
Car owners soon to receive "Tax and Tag" bills
North Carolina’s new system of requiring payment for both vehicle property tax and registration renewals at the same time is going into effect. George Olsen has more.
Drivers whose vehicle registration renewal is due in September will be the first to receive tax and tag combined bills. The first notices for September renewals are now being mailed. Under the new system drivers will receive both a vehicle property tax bill as well as registration renewal info in one mailing. The property tax will have to be paid to receive registration renewal. All vehicle owners will be under the program by mid- 2014. The new billing system is the result of a law passed back in 2005 in the state General Assembly. I’m George Olsen.