Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
Around the Nation
Thu August 14, 2014
Chicken Trying To Cross The Road Impedes Traffic
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene. On Monday, August 11th, at 5:45 p.m., Oregon police received a report of a serious traffic hazard. A chicken was trying to cross a highway. This is actually not a prank. That's what the man who called in the incident told the operator. Responding officers found no traffic problems. No one was hurt. Unfortunately, though, they could not locate the chicken. So we still don't know if the chicken really was just trying to get to the other side. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.