Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
ENC Regional News
Wed August 28, 2013
First of state's "Tax & Tag" bills coming due soon
INTRO – The first bills under the “Tax and Tag” program come due Sunday. George Olsen has more.
The state’s new “Tax and Tag” program bills at the same time vehicle registration renewal as well as vehicle property taxes from counties. Vehicle owners with a “9”… for the month of September… on their license tag are the first to pay the combined bill. The notices for those bills come due September 1. Each month more people will fall under the combined bill with all state vehicle owners expected to be covered under Tax and Tag by mid-2014. The program is the result of a law passed by the General Assembly back in 2005. I’m George Olsen.