Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
ENC Regional News
Tue July 16, 2013
Food packaging plant expanding in Kinston
The Governor’s Office announced that Pactiv LLC would expand manufacturing facilities in Lenoir and Iredell Counties. A press release said the expansions would add 77 new jobs and result in an investment of over $9 million at the plants in Kinston and Mooresville though there was no indication of the breakdown of jobs and investment at each facility. The press release did not state an average salary for the new positions, saying salaries would vary, and that the average annual payroll for the new positions would be over $2.5 million. Pactiv is headquartered in Illinois and produces packaging for the food services industry. The company will be eligible for a performance-based grant of up to $103,000 based on job creation from the One North Carolina Fund. I’m George Olsen.