Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Around the Nation
Sun February 10, 2013
Gun Control Debate Remains Stunted In Congress
Gun violence and gun control are the topics of a series of hearings currently being held in the U.S. Senate. Since the mass shooting in Newtown, Conn., the White House and gun control advocates have pushed for stricter gun laws to help reduce gun violence, but many congressional Republicans remain skeptical. Weekend Edition Sunday host Rachel Martin speaks with Sen. Charles Grassley, a Republican from Iowa and the ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.