Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Around the Nation
Wed March 26, 2014
Gwyneth Paltrow And Chris Martin Announce Separation
Originally published on Wed March 26, 2014 7:39 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. A celebrity couple splitting up, not so unusual, but there can be creative announcements. Actress Gwyneth Paltrow and her husband Chris Martin from the band Coldplay announced yesterday that they will be, quote, "consciously uncoupling." Twitterverse didn't totally embrace the couple's or, I guess now un-couple's, choice of words. NPR's Linda Holmes had some other ideas - thoughtful divestment, meditative cleavesomeness. How about soulful disgorgement? You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.