Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
Fri August 29, 2014
It's A Dog's Life In 'Finding Neverland'
The musical “Finding Neverland” is said to be headed for Broadway, after its run at the American Repertory Theater in Cambridge, Mass.
The show, based on the 2004 film, is about J.M. Barrie, the creator of Peter Pan, and his relationship with a widow and her four young sons.
One of the actors in the A.R.T. production is stepping out of his comfort zone: Thayne Jasperson channels his canine side to play Porthos, the family dog.
But as Jasperson tells Here & Now’s Sacha Pfeiffer, it’s been an enjoyable ride.
“I think in my past life I was a dog,” he says. “It seems so natural to come in and have my tongue out and feel happy and be like ‘what do you want to do? Want to play? Let’s go, throw the ball, c’mon, throw me the ball’”
- Read more on this story via WBUR’s The ARTery
- See ticket info for “Finding Neverland,” which runs through Sept. 28, 2014
- Thayne Jasperson, singer, dancer and actor who plays Porthos the family dog in the A.R.T. production of “Finding Neverland.” He tweets @thaynejasperson.