Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Mon June 3, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Mon June 3, 2013 10:23 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And today's last word in business is: Fridge for sale.
The seller is New York State and it comes from a Manhattan psychiatric ward.
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
It's a morgue cooler, and it's available on eBay. The Listing describes its condition as "good." It is big enough, as the New York Post points out, to hold four cadavers or nearly 2,000 cans of beer.
MONTAGNE: Apparently, people are interested. There are more than 50 bids, the highest topping $1,500. The bidding ends on Thursday, and just to know, all sales are final.
That's the business news on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm Renee Montagne.
WERTHEIMER: And I'm Linda Wertheimer. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.