Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Thu March 28, 2013
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Thu March 28, 2013 9:18 am
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
At the New York Auto Show this week, Honda is cleaning up. The carmaker has wowed people with its new Odyssey minivan because of the built-in vacuum cleaner.
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Yeah, the carmaker says it worked with Shop-Vac to design its HondaVAC, which it tells is the first ever in-car vacuum cleaner. It is tucked inside the driver's side rear cargo space, and it comes with all sorts of attachments.
WERTHEIMER: And so our last word in business today is: Why did it take a car company so long to do this?
GREENE: Yeah. I mean, this car vacuum cleaner really sucks. Sorry. That's the business news on MORNING EDITION. I'm David Greene.
WERTHEIMER: And I'm Linda Wertheimer. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.