Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
ENC Regional News
Mon June 16, 2008
Marion Blackburn's Jack Kerouac Audio Diary
New Bern, NC – Author Jack Kerouac is indelibly tied with the Beat Generation and best known for his work On the Road . Much myth and legend surrounds the novel, originally typed on sheets of paper known as the scroll . The truth is a bit more complex, though. Writer Marion Blackburn journeyed to New York City in February to see the original typed scroll of On the Road in person. She, and her husband Greg, traveled by train from Rocky Mount to Grand Central Station and she shares her journey with us.