Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
Fri January 25, 2013
Miloš Karadaglić On 'Song Travels'
Originally published on Thu August 28, 2014 12:01 pm
Classical guitarist Miloš Karadaglić first studied guitar at the age of 8 in his home country of Montenegro, formerly part of Yugoslavia. At 14, Karadaglić was invited to play at a concert hall in Paris, and he later traveled to Italy to meet classical guitarist David Russell, who advised him to enroll at the Royal Academy of Music in London.
At 17, Karadaglić left Montenegro for England. He graduated from the Royal Academy of Music with honors and went on to earn a Masters in Performance, as well as the Ivor Mairants Award and the Julian Bream Prize, among other accolades.