Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Around the Nation
Tue November 26, 2013
Minnesota Woman Embraces Her Full Name
Originally published on Tue November 26, 2013 1:28 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
A woman in Minneapolis turns 43 years old on Thursday. Dr. Happy Thanksgiving Reynolds says she was born to hippie parents, who hadn't picked out a name ahead of time. When their daughter arrived on Thanksgiving Day, they took it as a sign. Far from being embarrassed about her name, Dr. Reynolds embraces it. She says it even helped her get job interviews. Adding, quote, "I'm someone you are not going to forget based on the name." Surely, indeed.
Well, let me say this: Happy Birthday, Happy Thanksgiving.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.