Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Fri September 6, 2013
Not My Job: We Ask Australian Baz Luhrmann About Austria
Originally published on Sat September 7, 2013 5:25 am
Baz Luhrmann's first movie, Strictly Ballroom, was a cheap, independent romance set in the world of ballroom dancing. The 1992 film became an international hit. Since then, the director, writer and producer has become known for his lavish operatic movies like Romeo + Juliet, Moulin Rouge! and the recent The Great Gatsby.
Luhrmann's from Australia, where people are rugged and tough. We're from America, where people are dumb and mix up Australia and Austria. So we're going to ask Luhrmann three questions about that other country that he isn't from, Austria.