Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
Sun January 27, 2013
Online Venture Takes On Film Distribution Heavyweights
Originally published on Sun January 27, 2013 6:34 pm
Independent filmmakers have criticized film distribution for years. Citing what he calls its "bottlenecks" and "road blocks," producer Nicolas Gonda has founded Tugg.com, a company dedicated to making film distribution easier for the small guys in the industry. Reporter Acacia Squires looks at film distribution and what changes the industry might undergo with new distribution models like Tugg.com.