Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
ENC Regional News
Tue July 8, 2014
Pitt County Appoints New Director Of Social Services
After six months of searching, Pitt County has appointed a new Director of Social Services. Lee Jenkins reports.
As of Monday, Jan Elliot has replaced Interim Director Earl Marett as head of the Department. Elliot’s first goal as Director is to acquaint herself with the workings and workers of Pitt County’s DSS and to continue to tweak and fine tune some of the projects started by her predecessors.
“There were some issues with the computer system that the state had, with making sure that applications and reviews were done timely, the NC Fast system.”
Elliot previously served as the director of Social Services in both Person and Scotland counties. I’m Lee Jenkins.