Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
ENC Regional News
Mon November 20, 2006
Pitt County Memorial Hospital Offers Alternative to Gastric Bypass
By Megen George
New Bern, NC – Americans are among the most overweight people in the nation some dangerously so. Many people who reach dangerous levels of obesity turn to weight loss surgeries, such as gastric bypass. Pitt County Memorial Hospital and The Brody School of Medicine are now offering an alternative to gastric bypass surgery laparoscopic adjustable gastric band, or LAP-BAND surgery. Megen George recently spoke with Dr. William Chapman, chief of minimally invasive and bariatric surgery at PCMH.