Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
Thu July 24, 2014
Sarah Palin Gets A Speeding Ticket, Says She 'Can't Drive 55'
Originally published on Thu July 24, 2014 7:39 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Sarah Palin was busted for speeding. She faces a fine for exceeding the limit in Wasilla, Alaska. Now make your Sarah Palin jokes if you want. You can say she was racing to warn the British or that she was accelerating to jump the straits into Russia - you can see it from there, you know. But Palin told a joke of herself - says she was distracted by Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55." She adds, I wasn't speeding. I was qualifying. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.