Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Fri September 13, 2013
Serious But Funny Discoveries Win Prizes
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with winners of the Ig Noble Prize. It honors discoveries that are serious but also funny. Winners include researchers who showed dung beetles navigate using the Milky Way. Other scientists proved that people who are drunk think they're more attractive. Wow.
Actual Nobel Prize winners give out the Ig Nobles and winners receive a $10 trillion prize; 10 trillion Zimbabwe dollars, four bucks - enough to buy a beer and look attractive.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.