Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
Around the Nation
Fri August 22, 2014
Shoplifter Claims To Be Stone Temple Pilots Ex-Lead Singer
Originally published on Fri August 22, 2014 7:53 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Where you going with that mask I found - famous lyric from the Stone Temple Pilots song "Plush." And it seems to capture what happened to the former lead singer, Scott Weiland. Police in Beverly Hills arrested a guy for shoplifting who identified himself as Scott Weiland. After hearing reports that he was in jail, the real Weiland posted a video saying he was actually touring and writing. So police fingerprinted the imposter and charged him with furnishing false information. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.