Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
Mon March 31, 2014
Speech Easy Technology Beneficial For People With Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson's disease is a challenge for medical specialists and it can be frightening for the Parkinson's patient. But a device called the Speech Easy, developed at East Carolina University, is making it easier for them to communicate more clearly. The device uses an auditory delay and a change in pitch that has been shown to increase the intelligibility of speech for people who stutter. But the technology has also shown benefits for people with Parkinson's disease. Mac McKee has more.