Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
ENC Regional News
Tue July 1, 2008
Study to Chart Public Perceptions of Change Down East
By Megen George
New Bern, NC – There's no question that change is on the horizon and already underway for many coastal communities in Eastern North Carolina. There's also no question that area residents have strong opinions both for and against development. Researchers at Duke Marine Lab in Beaufort are launching a two-year study aimed at documenting community perceptions of development and land-use change on coastal communities Down East. PRE's Megen George speaks with the study's principal investigator, Lisa Campbell.