Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Tue March 26, 2013
Tegan And Sara: A Closer Look At 'Closer'
Originally published on Wed July 9, 2014 9:09 am
Canadian twin-sister duo Tegan and Sara are one of alternative pop's most celebrated acts, having released seven full-length albums over nearly two decades as musical collaborators. They've also been longtime Current favorites, stopping by for an in-studio performance in 2007 and an intimate performance in the UBS forum in 2010.
Their latest full-length, Heartthrob, was released in January, and finds the siblings expanding their palette of influences and incorporating a clean, bright production sound, as demonstrated on the lush electro-pop of lead single "Closer," which recently received pop's greatest honor — inclusion on the wildly popular TV show Glee. The 32-year-old sisters continue to grow and mature as lyricists, and their ever-growing popularity has landed them impressive gigs. Watch for them at this spring's Coachella Festival.
- Photo/Video: Nate Ryan
- Audio: Michael DeMark