Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
Mon September 17, 2012
What Americans Actually Do All Weekend, In 2 Graphics
Originally published on Mon September 17, 2012 1:31 pm
Last month, we published a post showing what people with full-time jobs do on days when they work.
That post made us curious: What do those people do on the weekends, when they're not working?
Here's the answer.
The same caveats we used in our earlier post apply here:
The figures come from the American Time Use Survey, which is conducted by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The numbers are, of course, averages. So parents may spend much more time, say, caring for children, while people without children will spend no time at all.
And, yes, we know it's silly to have time down to the second.