Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Mon December 9, 2013
World Cafe Next: Dott
Originally published on Tue December 10, 2013 10:14 am
This week's pick for World Cafe: Next is Dott, a young quartet from Galway, Ireland. The music on the band's debut album, Swoon, calls upon the sounds of garage-pop, with chugging, jangly guitars out front and the vocals of Anna McCarthy on top.
Sometimes, the other two women of Dott, Laura Finnegan and Miriam Donahue, will chime in on the harmonies, while Tony Higgins makes his presence known on the drums. Hear two tracks from the glowing and infectious Swoon when you download this week's podcast.