Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Mon March 18, 2013
Yo La Tengo On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon March 18, 2013 3:23 pm
After nearly 30 years of prolific genre-avoidance, the indie-rock trio Yo La Tengo returns with Fade, its first studio album in almost four years. The record, the band's 13th full-length release, features "Before We Run," a six-minute piece of orchestral pop showcasing Yo La Tengo's stately side.
Hailing from Hoboken, N.J., Yo La Tengo has embraced many musical directions, delving into noise-pop, shoegaze, minimalist folk, funky R&B and straightforward rock 'n' roll over the course of its long career.
Here, the band plays songs from Fade and talks with David Dye about Jesse Jarnow's Yo La Tengo biography, Big Day Coming.