Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- 'Overly Attached Girlfriend' Meme Star Turns Online Fame Into Comedy Career
- Is It Sexist To Say That Women Are Superior To Men?
- ENC Residents Weigh In On Proposed Seismic Testing
- Veterans Organic Garden In New Bern Employing Homeless and Disabled Veterans
- Have Mass Shootings Led To More Gun Control?
The Three O'Clock Mix on Classical
Mix up a little classical, a little Broadway, add some Celtic, a folk tune or two and then add a splash of jazz. What have you got? The Three O'Clock Mix on Public Radio East! Weekdays at 3:06 p.m., it's the place to be to listen to a wide variety of music presented with a smile.
Hosted by Mac McKee, the Mix begins with a light classical piece such as Aaron Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man or Bedrich Smetana's Bartered Bride Overture. There will be some film music – James Horner's Titanic or John Williams's Star Wars for example – and there will be the Celtic sounds of Maggie Sansone or Tommy Sands.
Jane Monheit might sing Honeysuckle Rose or folksinger Dar Williams might relate her story of When I Was a Boy. Listen as the workday winds down or the kids are on the way home from school. The Three O'Clock Mix will help the day go more smoothly.