Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Updated Atlantic Hurricane Season Outlook Predicts Below Normal Season
Thu December 6, 2012
How To Donate Stock To PRE
Tis the season to make a gift to Public Radio East ...
If you own stock, it is often more tax-wise to contribute stock instead of cash. A gift of appreciated stock generally offers a two-fold tax saving. First, you avoid paying capital gains tax on the increase in value of the stock. Second, you receive an income tax deduction for the full fair market value of the stock at the time of the gift.
To donate stock to Public Radio East have your broker call Edward Jones Investments, 17 Middle Street New Bern, NC 28560. The phone number is 252-637-5087. You will need to know the Public Radio East Foundation account number, which is 264-04889-1-8, and the Public Radio East Foundation Tax Id, which is 56-1802728. You can also call Public Radio East 252-638-3434 to receive instructions. Thank you!