Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Live in Concert
Wed November 20, 2013
Sound Opinions Presents Savages, Live In Concert
Originally published on Mon January 6, 2014 11:20 am
British post-punk act Savages came to America via SXSW in March 2013 and left a guitar-shaped hole in many critics' hearts. The band ratcheted up the hype with its first album, Silence Yourself, released to nearly universal acclaim in May.
During the band's first U.S. tour, Savages visited Lincoln Hall in Chicago for a special live recording of Sound Opinions with hosts Jim DeRogatis & Greg Kot. Jehnny Beth, Gemma Thompson, Ayse Hassan, Fay Milton played songs from their Matador debut and talked about drummer warm-ups, rock and roll PhDs and why we should all "be here, now."
- I Am Here
- City's Full
- Flying To Berlin
- Shut Up
- Waiting For A Sign
- No Face
- She Will
- Hit Me