Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Thu July 11, 2013
Tourists At Kruger National Park Witness High-Speed Chase
Originally published on Thu July 18, 2013 11:16 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. Tourists at South Africa's Kruger National Park witnessed a dramatic high-speed chase - two cheetahs chasing a herd of impala. Impala are African antelope, and of course a Chevy model. And seconds from becoming dinner, one of the impala decided to make a tourist's SUV its getaway car.
The animal jumped into an open window of the vehicle, which stopped the cheetahs in their tracks. Then the shocked tourists opened the door and let that passenger out. Whew, what a leap of faith. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.