Most Active Stories
- Controversy Over Blackbeard's Queen Anne's Revenge Continues
- Deep Water Shipwreck Discovered Off North Carolina Coast
- The Front Bottoms, 'Laugh Till I Cry'
- Clinton Won't Go As Far As Rivals On Minimum Wage Or Rule Out Oil Pipelines
- Artifacts From Bertie County Site May Help Solve Centuries Old Mystery
Around the Nation
Fri October 11, 2013
Your Chance To Lash Out At Congress
Originally published on Fri October 11, 2013 11:02 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with a chance to say what you think. Amid the federal shutdown, a website called DrunkDialCongress.org offers an outlet for frustration. You enter your phone number and get a call with a message.
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: When I drink I like to tell people what's on my mind. So in a minute, we're going to forward you to a member of the House of Representatives.
INSKEEP: You're connected to the office of a randomly chosen member of Congress, though you must supply alcohol yourself.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.